Maya Muses: Play along and you’ll learn some things about yourself, but more importantly if you give this test to someone you’re interested in, you’ll learn a lot more about that person than they might want to share.
I’ve found out quite a bit about people from the answers they gave - so will you!
Get a sheet of paper and a pen; without spending too much time thinking of your answers write down the first things that come to your mind. (Don’t peek at the results, that’s no fun!)
1. Name an animal. Use three adjectives to describe that animal.
2. Name a 2nd animal. Write down three adjectives to describe the second animal.
3. Name a 3rd animal. Again write down three adjectives to describe the third animal.
4. You have a glass of water sitting in front of you. Write down three things that describe how you see that glass of water.
5. Think about the ocean. What are the first three things that come to mind when you think of the ocean?
6. You’re in the forest. Describe it and how you feel in the forest.
7. There’a a wall in front of you. You can’t go over it, under it, or around it; what do you do?
8. There’s a cup of coffee sitting in front of you. Write down three things that come to mind about that cup of coffee.
9. You’re stuck on a desert island. What are the first three things you will do?
10. You’re in a black box. There’s no windows, nor doors, there’s no way to get out. Write down the first three things you’ll do or how you feel?
Now I’m going to tell you a little story.
There were four people who went on a sail boat; a woman and her husband, and two other men. While they were out at sea, a bad storm came and sunk the boat. The woman and the two men managed to swim to a nearby island, while the current swept the woman’s husband to another island nearby.
The woman said to the two men, “Please help me build a raft so we can reach my husband!”
So the two men help her build a raft, but once it is built the first guy says, “No, forget about her husband, let’s head for the mainland. We’d be crazy to row further out to sea, we may all die just to get to her husband! Our only chance of survival is to leave him behind!” The second man and the woman try to take the raft, but the first man pulls out a knife, gets on the raft alone and heads toward the mainland.
The woman tells the second man, “Please, we have to build another raft so I can reach my husband.”
The man says, “I’ll help you, but only if you have sex with me.” The woman hesitates at first, but she realizes that the only way the raft will get built is if she agrees, so she does.
The raft is built and they arrive near the other island where the husband is and he says, “Go back! You had sex with him, I don’t want you any longer!”
The wife pleads with her husband that the only reason why she had sex with the second man was to save him, but he doesn’t want to hear any of it, and tells her to leave!
Now write down in the order of who you like the most (#1) in this story, to the character you like the least (#4).
The meaning to your answers:
1. This is how you see yourself.
2. This is how you think others see you.
3. This is how you truly are.
4. This is how you see your life.
5. This is how you see the world.
6. This is how you feel about your life.
7. This is how you confront your problems.
8. This is how you see sex.
9. This is how you react when action is needed.
10. This is how you see death.
The story portrays what is the most important, to the least important thing to you in a relationship.
The woman represents - Love
The 1st guy represents - Reason/Intellect
The 2nd guy represents - Sex
The husband represents - Fidelity/Faithfulness
Photo Credits: Flickr